At LIDA we have a simple but ambitious mission. We are here to create the most valued brands in the world. We have already helped some of them to reach that goal, others are on the journey with us and we would like to help more of them.
We have an exciting client list: The Royal Mail and The Open University are our most recent wins, but we also work across RBS Group, O2, Arthritis Research UK, P&O Cruises and John Lewis Financial Services (to name a few). Some of these are run by an integrated team partnering with M&C Saatchi and others are purely direct accounts which sit with LIDA.
LIDA is a very friendly agency with a management team who are very ‘hands on’ and pride themselves on being truly approachable and collaborative. It is also very social with drinks every Friday, the Wheel of Fortune every month (with prizes for staff members who go the extra mile), sports activities and parties – it really is a lovely, thriving place to work.
LIDA is one of the few, true direct marketing agencies capable of creating impactful and fully integrated campaigns across both direct and digital. We cover everything from direct mail, print media, DRTV, email, microsites, full websites, mobile phone apps and online advertising.
LIDA suits individuals who are entrepreneurial self-starters, driven to produce the best creative work, and who take great pride in delivering high calibre work. The agency has a creative energy; it does not suit Prima Donnas or Shrinking Violets. It’s for people who are honest and straightforward and prefer to work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team with colleagues and clients. The senior management team foster a culture of mutual respect and encourage people to stand up for what they believe in.
To deliver against our mission the whole LIDA team shares 4 core values:
- Believe none of us is as creative as all of us – for us creativity is everywhere. It is a collaborative experience not just a responsibility for a creative department, where everyone brings their unique creative skills.
- Be customer obsessed – we understand our client’s customers more profoundly than anyone else.
- Create a little revolution everyday – our goal is one of daily optimisation and improvement in every area of what we do. There is no BAU.
- Stand up and be counted – we share our client’s goals and ambitions, being proud of what we do and fully accountable for our work.
We want to work with like-minded people who believe in these values and who live and breathe them in everything they do.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious SAM to join the O2 account team. O2 is the biggest account at LIDA and the work involves all BTL customer comms including CRM, acquisition, and business to business comms. We utilise all direct channels including Email, Direct Mail, SMS & MMS, Social Media and IVR.
The right candidate will be passionate about creating customer engagement that truly makes a difference for a brand. He or she will ideally have worked on a telecoms client before, have a solid CRM /Integrated background and have solid experience in digital marketing.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You will have been a SAM for at least 12 months
- You will have lots of DM, CRM and digital experience, and be used to high volume campaigns and quick turnarounds
- You will have excellent attention to detail, even when working quickly
- You will be good at managing multiple projects and dealing with multiple stakeholders internally and on the client team
- You will have a creative mind, and be a keen judge of creative work
- You will have a mature outlook, and be able to provide leadership on projects internally, and in front of the client
- You will be solutions focused. Someone who isn’t fazed when a project doesn’t go to plan.
- You will be good at managing up, and keeping those above you informed on your projects – both when they’re going well and not so well. You’ll be great at working independently and taking ownership of projects, but won’t be afraid to ask for help and guidance
- You will have good leadership skills, and confidently manage those below you
- You will have a sound understanding of comms and data strategy, and will have experience in its application
- You will be a team player – someone who isn’t afraid to muck in, and will set a good example to more junior team members
- You’ll be hard working, enthusiastic and sociable
- You will be a natural problem solver and strategic thinker
- Strong delivery skills – you will need to be able to deliver creative solutions across a range of projects and channels
- You are an ‘ambitious hacker’. You’ll have a run at things we’ve not done before and get a kick out of finding work arounds
- You get the reality of learning on the job
- You’ll roll up your sleeves and get stuck in to get things done
- You aren’t scared of going deep into the data and don’t get stuck in it
- You are a self-starter who will take ownership of making a difference
WHAT ARE YOU BEING ASKED TO BUY INTO?
A business in change. We’re not resting on past successes. In the marketing world, the change agenda is being relentlessly driven by a wall of data and technology. Successful brands are becoming irrelevant because they fail to change quickly enough to seize the moment. At LIDA we believe that change is our opportunity to use creativity to make a difference. We are rebuilding ourselves to create compelling brand experiences for our clients and their customers across multiple touch points. Do you want to be part of driving that change?
LIDA offers a competitive salary plus a great benefits package. Staff receive a contributory pension, health cover, on-going training, plus some lovely benefits like having your birthday off and a paid sabbatical to learn a new skill after 7 years’ service. Health is taken seriously with free fresh fruit and yoga classes at work!
1ST Interview – Megan Harrold, Business Director
2nd Interview – Claire Cootes, Managing Partner